This is our philosophy of Real Estate Practice-> WYSIWYG = What you see is what you get.
No secretaries. No assistants. No UNLICENSED persons handling your transaction file.
Primary Care Real Estate.
Especially when it comes to Short Sales.
We disclose publicly on our MLS and in other marketing avenues which of our listings are short sales, therefore the public is aware ahead of time. l
Lately this disclosure has been noticed by 3rd parties who bypass us (the listing agents with an exclusive right to sell contract in place) and attempt to contact the seller directly with "offers" of help to expedite their short sale.
Sellers-> Beware of 3rd party offers to help your short sale situation!
In the past weeks, these offers have included:
- asking the seller to sign over the deed to them, so they can negotiate the short sale with their lender.
- To pay an upfront fee ($900. or more) to get the short sale "approved".
- To buy the home from them "on contract" when the listing expires (then they in turn will find a buyer and then negotiate the short sale with the bank, saving them real estate commission:)
- If you sign over the deed to your home to someone else, you are still responsible for the mortgage!
- Paying someone upfront $ does not guarantee your short sale will be approved by your lender.
REALTORS only get paid IF a transaction closes!
- If a 3rd party REALLY has a legitiamte ready willing and qualified buyer waiting for your home, why don't they just call your REALTOR to schedule a showing to see it and write an offer to purchase outright verses a 'contract sale'?
Luckily, our short sale sellers did not listen to these 3rd party solicitations and told the companies they had a REALTOR who was experienced in listing and selling short sales.
Dealing face to face, in person, during the listing, sale and closing process of real estate transactions is how we do business, not by an out of state phone conversation or email.
Who is handling your Northwest Indiana short sale?
Valparaiso, Porter County, IN and Northwest Indiana Short Sales Closed by F.C.Tucker 1st Team Real Estate
Posted by Jeff Safrin on Oct 18, 2010 - Comment • Like
Thanks for stopping by and reading our Blog about Life in NW Indiana, The Housing Market, Communities, Local Sports, Events, attractions & more @ NorthWestIndianaRealEstateBlog.com
Jeff & Grace Safrin, Broker / Owners
F.C.Tucker 1st Team Real Estate - Independently Owned & Operated
13 Lincolnway Suite # 203, Valparaiso, IN 46383 Office # 219-309-9930
Click these icons to visit our various Social Media Sites:
For Real Estate on The Go ->
Our NW Indiana Real Estate Mobile App.is an easy way to Talk To Tucker:)
and... FIND A HOME FROM YOUR PHONE !
Click icon to copy and paste our Mobile App address into your smart phone's browser!