Loopnet, a division of CoStar Group, is looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to administer all development, QA and production SQL Servers/databases and related systems.
The DBA will be responsible for the following:
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge of all aspects Microsoft SQL Server 2008 including administration, replication, backup/restore procedures and related components such as Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services.
• Install, configure, monitor and maintain databases in the production, development, and quality assurance environments.
• Recommend and implement solutions for SQL performance monitoring and tuning.
• Assist with Windows Server configuration and management as it relates to MS SQL Server installation and performance.
• Understand SAN based storage and related technologies, specifically as applicable and useful to MS SQL Server installations.
• Process database change requests, including the creation and modification of databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, jobs, etc. in accordance with change control policies.
• Analyze problems, anticipate future problem areas and implement solutions.
• Provide support and technical expertise to development, QA and other teams.
• Work outside of normal business hours as required for completing projects, working on deployments and resolving system outages.
The ideal candidate will have: